Completed Griffon

I finished the general on griffon today. Actually the only thing left was basing. I think the overall feel is acceptable compared to the around 1,5h it took to paint. It’s customizable as well so if I want to give the griffon two heads for example it’s possible. I started on some more halberdiers but the cold made take a break.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

Advertisements

2 responses to “Completed Griffon

  1. Looking good (and still hard to believe that it only took you an hour and a half – surely some witchcraft is involved here!) My only issue with it is the shiny effect – I think I might have been inclined to drybrush him a bit to tone that down, but it’s a minor niggle. Nice work on the bases as well, they’re really looking good and tying everything together.
    Hope you’re feeling better, you’ve certainly put your time off sick to good use. 🙂

    • Thanks wudugast! I agree on the shiny feel. I haven’t really decided how to varnish the entire army. The totally matte antishine from army painter is a little bit too matte. The dip is too shiny though. I’m thinking about some satin varnish for the army but on the Griffon I might spend some more time with different varnishes. The feathers will probably look good with antishine and the metal with gloss varnish. I think I will give it a try! Feeling better already with some new inspiration 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s