After yesterdays battle with the zone mortalis rules I got inspired to paint some of the terrain from the start box. So I undercoated the doors and barricades with mournfang brown, strippled them with slayer orange and finally drybrushed with runefang steel. I added some nuln oil to some of the recesses. After those steps the doors were quite ready for battle but I wanted some more details adding some graffiti, posters and more washes. Super quick! Over and out.
During the last month I’ve been playing two games of Necromunda. One with the Gang War I rules and another with the Zone Mortalis rule set. I think the new rules are wonderful. Everything I’ve been thinking about that needed fixing is fixed. Especially the “I go – you go” turn sequence. Good to get rid of that 18 years into the new millenia. To move one fighter at a time were actually one of the house rules we made before the new edition. What I also like is the chain activation making leaders use their leadership to more than just morale. There are so many things I like with the new rule set but just to mention some of them: Ammo aren’t gone forever when failing an ammo test. The game is somewhat streamlined and quicker. Finally the campaign system is not so complex anymore making it more available for people like me which can’t play a game every other night.
Another good thing that has nothing to do with the rules is the feel of the game. I think GW was successful in keeping the good part of the 80ies punk feel but leaving the blood red era behind.
Here’s some pics from this amazing revived game!
Some weeks ago I bought some roofing felt as a battle mat for my 40kized necromunda table. I’ve been working on some layers of dust, rust and stains today. I hope it will blend in with the other terrain pieces. As a bonus I found and painted a cracked imperial eagle 🙂
First pic is an unpainted version from yesterday’s battle.
I bought some roofing felt some weeks ago thinking I could make some use of it converting my necromunda terrain into 40k terrain. I cut out some suitable pieces and place my necromunda tiles on them as blocks. It worked quite well. I’ll add some detail to it later, like oil stains and “thin rubble”, I need to store it folded and for flexibility I want to be able to place the tiles anywhere. I’ve made some painting progress as well getting some colors on the cultist flamer, a leader and some kind of specialist for my kill team. Cheers!
Finally It’s done! I really like the result and I’ll probably start another one too soon 🙂 The only thing I’m not a hounded percent pleased with is the wall top cover. I decided to go for a dark rust scheme witch worked much better than just black. Here is a tonne of pictures some of them a bit experimental and before the wall top cover was done. Cheers!
I’m about to finish this time consuming project. Today I’ve made some outer doors and corners. I cut out some plasticard to cover the wall tops. I haven’t decided how to paint them if at all. I think most of the details are done as well. I didn’t want it to look completely graffiti tagged rather abandoned for a long time.
Yesterday I did some moulds from the classic bulkheads. I didn’t like my first idea of a bricked wall around and I didn’t want the same pieces on the outside. On the other hand I didn’t want to wait another month making new moulds so I just copied the bulkheads. When I started airbrushing them my compressor died… Crap, I went for plan B: Rust! I think it turned out quite well. I have some stuff left, corners outside doors and some cover for the wall tops.
Yay! Painting day! I’ve done the basics of the walls and floor and some details. I’ve got some highlights and more details left for this week. I also need to do the exterior. I bought some brick textured card yesterday which I’ll use.
I’ve airbrushed the walls in khaki and blue and waiting for it to dry. It looks pretty nice this far. I’m excited to continue but I’ll have some virtues to fulfill before that 🙂
Painting in progress finally! I took a long time to come to this point but it was totally worth it. I’ve done some rust and some base airbrush layers with vallejo UK Mediterranean blue and khaki brown. It feels quite nice as long. The colors matched well and looks very necromundaish. I hope to do some more painting tomorrow!